We were using MacBook Air computers and student accounts managed by Active Directory.
1. Use cameras with as large of memory cards as possible. You may be taking hundreds of photos to produce a simple animation.
2. Download the photos into iPhoto on the teacher's laptop and then share them to students' Google accounts.
3. The students need to copy the photos into their own drives in order to import them into WeVideo.
4. Once the photos are downloaded, sort them.
5. After all photos are moved to the video line, you can select them all and change duration and speed of the clips at one time.